The Armauni Patterson
Scholarship for Civic Engagement
In order to be eligible for a Scholarship, Students must:
Be on a graduation path from a NYC High School
Be in good academic standing
Be a U.S. citizen or qualifying noncitizen
Be a NYC resident
This scholarship provides assistance to outstanding high school seniors.
Each recipient will receive a scholarship of $500. Awards are based on a student’s wish to pursue a college education, become an entrepreneur, or both.
The scholarship must be used within the first 3 years of allotment.
How to apply
To apply, students must:
1. Fill out the online application (below)
2. Submit 3 recommendations (1 personal, 1 academic, 1 job/internship). If you have not worked, you will need to submit 2 academic references via email to:
With the subject: Scholarship (year) - First and Last Name
(example: Scholarship 2024 - Jessica White)
3. Submit an official copy of the latest transcript (mailed/dropped off in a sealed envelope - Location will be given once the application is submitted).
4. Respond to the essay prompt (the essay prompt will be emailed once a completed application is submitted.
The Armauni Patterson Scholarship for Civics Engagement is open to all high school seniors.
When online applications, recommendations, and transcripts have been submitted, candidates whose applications have been accepted will be notified by May 17th.
After that, candidates will go through an interview process with the scholarship committee and the winners will be announced on May 31st. There will be an awards ceremony in June.
During the awards ceremony, winners of the Armauni Patterson Scholarship for Civics Engagement will be presented with their vouchers for the scholarship amount and directions on how to submit payment requests.
A Vision to Empower will pay all invoices submitted.
The scholarship will be revoked:
• If the recipient does not graduate high school within the time frame allotted for scholarship disbursement
• If the recipient, in action or in statement, goes against the values set forth by the Armauni Patterson Scholarship for Civics Engagement or brings disrepute to the scholarship or its parent company, A Vision to Empower.